A point of sale you don't have to hide
04/2013 - Present
Full-Stack Software Engineer
- Hands-on full-stack development(Java,Netty,Android,C).
- Designed and implemented integration between POS main processor running Android and secure microprocessor running FreeRTOS.
- Leading integration with payment acquiring systems.
- Lead adoption efforts of EMV standards(architecture,implementation,certification).
- Lead development efforts for Barcode recognition system implementation(JNI,OpenCV).
- Implemented App Market for the platform.
- Implemented Push Notification Service(Redis,HTML SSE).
Wall Street Journal's 2011 # 1 Venture Backed Clean Technology Company
03/2012 - 04/2013
Software Development Manager
10/2011 - 03/2012
- Managed a team of developers.
- Provided architectual and technical guidance to product development.
- Analyzed and reviewed business requirements.
- Performed code reviews.
- Lead software engineering efforts to extend and support company's technical solution built on top on heterogenous stack(LAMP, Ruby/Rails, Java EE).
- Provided expert guidance on extending and optimizing Magento platform.
- Implemented from scratch internal testing toolset using Symfony Framework.
The UK's longest serving Magento Gold Partner
09/2010 - 09/2011
- Hands-on development for agency's numerous client ecommerce solutions based on Magento Platform.
- Implemented number of Magento Extensions successful enough to be reused in many client installations.
01/2009 - 09/2010
- Took part in OCR System development based on Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Implemented a multi-threaded Lua-scripted web grabber engine.
- Implemented number of websites with Symfony Framework and Drupal CMF.
10/2006 - 01/2009
- Took part in development of a number of large-scale portal system development: A.Ua, Join.Ua, Banker.Ua, Kinopark.Net.
- Implemented from scratch agency's custom CMS solution.
- Implemented numerous websites for company's clients: Time4News.org, Mir.Im and more.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Faculty of Cybernetics
Diploma work, "Expert system for automatic FOREX trading", graded "Excellent"
Skills and technology expertise
3 — I have extensive experience using the technology/skill and/or have in depth knowledge in the given area comparing to an average professional.
2 — I have some experience and operational skills in the area of expertise. I can deliver working solution in predictable terms, however I don't consider myself an expert in the area and feel like I need broader and more in-depth experience in the area.
1 — I have little or no production experience with the technology, however I understand the basic concepts, did some experimenting with it and feel like I can improve relatively fast after a short learning curve.
- 3 Java 6&7.
- 2 Netty, Jackson, Guava, BoneCP, Apache Commons, JUnit, Apache Avro, Bouncycastle, Quartz.
- 2 Android, Android NDK.
- 3 PHP 4.x–5.3.
- 2 Zend Framework, Symfony, Symfony2, Doctrine, Propel.
- 2 Magento Ecommerce, Drupal CMF.
- 2 Twig, Smarty.
- 2 C/C++.
- 2 Python.
- 2 Objective-C, iOS, XCode.
- 3 HTTP, REST and SOAP web-services, APIs.
- 2 OAuth 1/2.
- 2 HTML, CSS, frameworks.
- 3 JSON, XML, XPath, XSLT.
- 3 jQuery, jQuery UI, mootools, prototype.js.
- 3 Common security vulnerabilies protection (XSS, XSRF, injections, sessions highjacking, etc.), Security aware development.
- 3 Apache HTTPD and common modules.
- 2 nginx, Lighttpd, FastCGI.
Programming paradigms, theory and fundamentals
- 3 Object-oriented programming, design patterns.
- 2 Common algorithms and data structures, problem solving.
- 2 Concurrent and distributed programming patterns (async, future/promise, event-driven).
- 2 Machine learning.
- 2 Test-driven development, continuos integration approach.
Data storage and processing
- 3 MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite.
- 2 Memcached, Redis.
- 2 Solr, Lucene, Sphinx-search.
Infrastructure and tools
- 2 Linux (Gentoo, Debian-based, RedHat family).
- 2 Amazon Web Services (EC2/EBS, S3, CloudFront, SQS, SimpleDB).
- 3 VCSs: Git, Subversion.